The Hall of Fame was initiated in 1986 by the Winnipeg Real Estate Board (since January 2007, known as the WinnipegREALTORS® Association). Busts of the inductees are displayed in the city’s Assiniboine Park. They are honoured for their achievements in any of the following fields of endeavour:
- Arts - for endeavours which enhance and support artistic/cultural life and well-being
- Business - for entrepreneurial activity, including the establishment and successful operation of a business
- Community Service - for voluntary activities and dedication that benefit the immediate and global community
- Professional - for pursuit of a specific profession and advancement of that profession
- Public Affairs - for public service in areas such as social advocacy, environmental protection, international affairs, political action or organized labour
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Winnipeg Citizens Hall of Fame (Assiniboine Park)
Winnipeg Citizens Hall of Fame
“Builder, patriot relished role,” Winnipeg Free Press, 11 September 2014, page B9.
“Daniel McIntyre inducted into Hall of Fame,” Winnipeg Free Press, 14 September 2016.
We thank David McDonald for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 February 2021
This is a collection of noteworthy Manitobans from the past, compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
Search the collection by word or phrase, name, place, occupation or other text:
Browse surnames beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y | Z | 2017