Memorable Manitobans: John Osborn Wilson (1900-1972)
Born at Baldur on 15 March 1900, son of William Wilson and Christine Ployant, he taught school for 40 years, including service as the Principal of Kelwood School (1924-1925), Rivers School (1925-1927), Hartney School (1927-1929), Stonewall School (1929-1932), Oakner School (1933-1935), Beausejour School (1936-1939), Preston School (1939-1940), Sandy Lake School (1940-1941), Balmoral School (1946-1947), Treherne School (1947-1948), Oakburn School (1948-1949), Douglas School (1951-1952), and Flin Flon School (1953-1954).
On 31 December 1924, he married Ruth Viola King at Hamiota and they had three children. During the Second World War, he served in the Royal Canadian Air Force. He was a Director on the Board of the Credit Union League of Manitoba and the Branch branch of the Royal Canadian Legion.
He died at Brandon on 3 August 1972 and was buried in the Brandon Cemetery.
Birth and marriage registrations, Manitoba Vital Statistics.
1901 Canada census, Automated Genealogy.
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
Obituary, Brandon Sun, 10 August 1972, page 8.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 16 October 2022