Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Memorable Manitobans: Frederick Edgar Warriner (1884-1966)

Dentist, Mayor of Winnipeg (1937).

Born at Stoufville, Ontario on 3 April 1884, son of S. M. Warriner and Mary Emily Manning, he received his dental degree from the University of Toronto in 1907 and came to Winnipeg in 1917. He was elected to the Winnipeg School Board in 1928 and served on it until his election as Mayor, replacing John Queen. He served for a single year, in 1937, and Queen resumed as Mayor. Warriner also served as Mayor of Winnipeg Beach from 1932 to 1936. He was a Conservative candidate for the Winnipeg constituency in the 1941 provincial general election. He was a member of the Manitoba Dental Society, Winnipeg Kiwanis Club (President), Khartum Shriners, YMCA, and Order of Elks. He died at Winnipeg on 26 December 1966.

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bevan House (858 Palmerston Avenue, Winnipeg)

Sources:

Birth registration, Ancestry.

“Ex-mayor Warriner dead,” Winnipeg Free Press, 27 December 1966.

Obituary, Winnipeg Free Press, 27 December 1966, page 53.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 21 February 2020

Memorable Manitobans

Memorable Manitobans

This is a collection of noteworthy Manitobans from the past, compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Search the collection by word or phrase, name, place, occupation or other text:

Custom Search

Browse surnames beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y | Z | 2017


Send corrections and additions to the Memorable Manitobans Administrator at biographies@mhs.mb.ca

Criteria for Memorable Manitobans | Suggest a Memorable Manitoban  | Our Inspiration | Acknowledgements

Support the MHS and

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.