Historic Sites of Manitoba: Fisher Branch School No. 1543 (RM of Fisher)
A shelterbelt of trees at this location in the Rural Municipality of Fisher marks the former location of Fisher Branch School. Established formally as Broad Valley School District in August 1910, the school building was located at SW24-24-2W. Its name was later changed to Fisher Branch. In 1967, the school became part of the Lakeshore School Division.
Among the other teachers of Fisher Branch School was Ethel Anna Sankey.
Photos & Maps
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer and Ada Wiebe for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 January 2018
Back to top of page