Manitoba Organization: Stanley School Division No. 26 / Garden Valley School Division No. 26
The Stanley School Division was created on 1 April 1959 by an order of the Manitoba Minister of Education, acting on a recommendation of the MacFarlane Commission on Education and the School Divisions Boundaries Commission. It became responsible for all secondary education, grades 9 to 12, within the area of the following school districts:
In 1962, the eastern part became the Garden Valley School Division No. 26 and western part became the Western School Division No. 47.
Report of the School Divisions Boundaries Commission, 13 January 1959, Manitoba Legislative Library, SpR 1958 Education.
“Voters back Garden Valley School Division,” Winnipeg Free Press, 22 July 1963, page 4.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 January 2016Back to top of page