Photos & Coordinates | Sources
In July 1905, a five-storey building opened at this site along Portage Avenue as the western Canadian flagship for the T. Eaton Department Store chain. Three additional floors were added in 1910. It was demolished in 2002 to make way for a sports arena.
Photos & Coordinates
Manitoba Business: T. Eaton Company
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Department Store (345 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Timothy Eaton Statue (345 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Employee War Memorial (345 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Printing Plant and Warehouse (130 Galt Avenue, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eaton’s Department Store (Main Street North, Dauphin)
A Store Like No Other: Eaton’s of Winnipeg by Russ Gourluck, Winnipeg: Great Plains Publications, 2004.
“General Manager,” Winnipeg Tribune, 6 February 1935, page 2.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.
Page revised: 1 January 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.