Educator, historian, author.
After a 33-year career as a teacher and principal in Manitoba’s public school system, Gourluck is now pursuing his life-long interest in writing.
- A Store Like No Other: Eaton’s of Winnipeg (2004)
- Going Downtown: A History of Winnipeg’s Portage Avenue (2006)
- Picturing Manitoba: Legacies of the Winnipeg Tribune (2008)
- The Mosaic Village: An Illustrated History of Winnipeg’s North End (2010)
- Silver Screens on the Prairie: An Illustrated History of Motion Picture Theatres in Manitoba (2012)
His articles for the Manitoba Historical Society:
Greetings from Winnipeg: Views of a Changing City
Manitoba History, Number 55, June 2007
Page revised: 8 September 2013
Back to top of page