Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 140 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Endangered Top 10
Endangered
Top 10
2019

Manitoba History No. 89
Manitoba
History

No. 89

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Manitoba Organization: Granite Curling Club

The Granite Curling Club was established in 1881, named for the granite stone used in making its curling rocks. Its clubhouse built in 1913 was designed by architect James Chisholm.

Presidents

Period

President

1883

Thomas Renwick

1887

John B. Mather (c1846-1892)

?

Joseph Lemon (1862-1925)

?

David Wesley Griffith (1879-?)

?

Richard Deans Waugh (1868-1938)

?

Alexander Telford Liddle (1876-1956)

?

Andrew Boak Alexander (1872-1937)

?

Colin Campbell Chisholm (1883-?)

1910-1911

William Tier (1869-1939)

1911-1914

?

1914-1916

W. P. “Billy” McDougall

1916-1930

?

1930-1931

Thomas Cull (1870-1942)

?

Harold Ffolliott Gyles (1927-2010)

?

William Reid Clubb (1884-1962)

?

Ross Manahan (c1888-1960)

?

Robert Alexander Gillespie (1881-1965)

?

Andrew Wilson (1863-1923)

?

David Bruce W. Forrester (1918-2001)

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Granite Curling Club (22 Granite Way, Winnipeg)

The Granite Curling Club, 22 Mostyn Place, Winnipeg by Sheila Grover
Manitoba History, Number 14, Autumn 1987

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 19 March 2018

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2019 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.