Historic Sites of Manitoba: Victoria General Hospital (424 River Avenue, Winnipeg)
Established in 1911 by Dr. Thomas Beath, the founding board members of the Victoria Public Hospital included Beath, Mr. D. J. Ross, Dr. J. White, Dr. J. R. Thomson, and E. L. Taylor. It occupied a five-storey brick and concrete building on River Avenue, now renovated into apartments, until moving to its present site in south Winnipeg in 1971.
Memorable Manitobans: Thomas Beath (1868-1923)
TimeLinks: Dr. Beath’s Hospital, Bannatyne Avenue
TimeLinks: Victoria General Hospital, River Avenue
“New hospital,” Manitoba Free Press, 13 April 1911, page 14.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 February 2015
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.