Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lowe Farm Monument (Lowe Farm, RM of Morris)

This monument on Highway 23 at the east end of the village of Lowe Farm, in the Rural Municipality of Morris, details the creation and early development of the area. Lowe Farm was founded in 1879 by John Lowe who would go on to be a federal Deputy Minister of Agriculture. He intended the site to act as a model farm for the new immigrants who settled there, mainly Mennonites from present-day Russia.

The monument, erected on 3 July 1999, also commemorates schools, churches and businesses that operated in this area:

Lowe Farm Monument

Lowe Farm Monument (June 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N49.35527, W97.57852
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lowe Farm School No. 1033 (1899-1969)

Sources:

Information for this page was collected and prepared by Christian Cassidy and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 12 April 2013

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.