Historic Sites of Manitoba: Steinfeld School No. 1128 (RM of Morris)
The Steinfeld School District was formally established in May 1901 and a school building operated in the northwest quarter of 8-4-1 west of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Morris. The district, which became part of the Morris Macdonald School Division, was dissolved in 1968 and henceforth students from this area went to Lowe Farm Consolidated School No. 2377. In September 2015, a sign commemorating the school was erected at the site.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Aerial photograph A11637-48 , Manitoba Air Photo Library.
We thank Mariette Allen for assistance in locating an aerial photograph of Steinfeld School.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 27 December 2019
Back to top of page