Located on the walking trail along the Red River behind St. Boniface Hospital, this plaque describes the life of Montreal’s Sisters of Charity “Grey Nuns” founder Marguerite D’Youville (1701-1771), the first Canadian-born saint.
Marguerite D’Youville Plaque (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Location (lat/long): N49.88338, W97.12778
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Le Musée de Saint-Boniface Museum (494 Tache Avenue, Winnipeg)
St. Boniface Cathedral, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 6 April 2012
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.