This three-storey brick building at the intersection of Donald Street and Notre Dame Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by local architect George William Northwood and built in 1910 by Thomas Kelly and Sons Limited. In May 2016, it became a municipally-designated historic building.
Memorable Manitobans: George William Northwood (1876-1959)
Manitoba Business: Kelly Brothers / Thomas Kelly and Sons
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Aldous Building, 376 Donald Street, City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings and Resources Committee, December 2015.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough, Nathan Kramer, and George Penner.
Page revised: 6 August 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.