Historic Sites of Manitoba: Munroe Junior High School (405 Munroe Avenue, Winnipeg)
Principals | Vice-Principals | Teachers | Photos & Maps | Sources
Designed by Smith Carter Katelnikoff Architects and built in 1958, Munroe School opened on 7 October 1958. Present at the ceremonies were Premier Duff Doblin and Minister of Education Steward McLean.
Photos & Maps
Site Location (lat/long): N49.91923, W97.10112
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Polson School (Winterton Avenue, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Munroe School / Polson School (491 Munroe Avenue, Winnipeg)
“School tender notices,” Winnipeg Free Press, 30 October 1957, page 42.
“Thanksgiving tea follows opening of Munroe School,” Winnipeg Free Press, 7 October 1958, page 16.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.
Page revised: 4 March 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.