Historic Sites of Manitoba: Mapleton School No. 5 (112 Calder Road, RM of St. Andrews)
The Mapleton School District was organized formally in July 1871. In 1967, the district become part of the Lord Selkirk School Division. The present school building dates from 1981.
Among the teachers of Mapleton School was Otto R. Schultz.
Photos & Coordinates
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Beyond the Gates of Lower Fort Garry 1880-1981: R.M. of St. Andrews by Municipality of St. Andrews, 1982. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.S22 Bey]
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 27 April 2021