This field-stone bank vault, erected at the original site of Deloraine, in what is now theMunicipality of Deloraine-Winchester, was abandoned when the Canadian Pacific Railway passed to the north of the town. Most buildings were relocated to the present town site but the vault could not be moved. It is now enclosed by a fence in the yard of the farmer who purchased the former town site in 1895. The vault is on private property so permission is required to view it.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hazeldean School No. 195 (Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Arden Bank Vault (Arden, RM of Lansdowne)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Old Deloraine Bank Vault (RM of Winchester)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: The “Old Mound” and Bank Vault (RM of Louise)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bank of Toronto Vault (Holmfield, Municipality of Killarney-Turtle Mountain)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Red Deer Lumber Company and Bank Vault (Northern Manitoba)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Abandoned Manitoba
A Few Notes on Old Deloraine by William Harold Bell, Manitoba Pageant, Volume 17, Number 2, Winter 1972
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 19 February 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.