A wooden grain elevator on the CPR Boissevain Subdivision in the Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester was built in 1914 by Western Canada Flour Mills. Closed in 1940, the elevator was sold to Manitoba Pool for use as its “Pool B” until 1953 when it was torn down.
Agent / Buyer
C. F. Bailey
J. H. “Jack” Knox
Richard “Dick” Hean
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.34133, W100.31729
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator A / Private Grain Elevator (Regent, Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lake of the Woods Grain Elevator (Regent, Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester)
Our Heritage by Regent Women’s Institute, c1967, pages 69-71. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5649.R44 Reg]
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Barry More.
Page revised: 3 March 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!