This brick building at The Forks in Winnipeg was constructed in 1947 by the Canadian National Railway to provide power to the nearby Union Station, East Yards, and Fort Garry Hotel. Now decommissioned, the building is used as offices for a television station.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Nistawayak / Forks of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers (The Forks, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Johnston Terminal Building (25 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Northern Pacific and Manitoba Railway Repair Shop / Manitoba Children’s Museum (45 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian National Railway Power House (8 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian Museum for Human Rights (85 Israel Asper Way, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Grand Trunk Pacific Railway Stable / Great Northern Railway Stable / Forks Market Building (1 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian Northern Railway Freight Lift Bridge (The Forks, Winnipeg)
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 24 April 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.