Historic Sites of Manitoba: Aldous Building Annex (374 Donald Street, Winnipeg)
This five-storey brick and stone warehouse annex on Donald Street in Winnipeg, measuring 50 feet by 90 feet, was designed by local architect Herbert Edward Matthews and built in two stages. The first three floors were constructed in 1905, along with the building next door, and the upper two floors were added in 1911.
The original owner was realtor Frank C. Bell and, by 1918, it was owned by William L. Parrish. The building was subsequently owned by the Bate family (Bate Realty Corporation) into the 1950s.
In May 2016, it became a municipally-designated historic building.
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 1810/1905, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Aldous Building Annex, 374 Donald Street, City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings and Resources Committee, December 2015.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 10 September 2023