Historic Sites of Manitoba: Winnipegosis School No. 1020 (Winnipegosis, RM of Mossey River)
This location in the Village of Winnipegosis is the site for the former Winnipegosis School, and also site for the present-day school. The district was established formally in May 1899.
Among the teachers of Winnipegosis School were Rufus F. Meadows (1911), Isobel St. Clair Loutit, Margaret Creighton, Mary Borowski (1938), Pauline McArthur (1938), R. R. Cooper (1938), T. Lautit (1938), V. Madder (1938), J. Presunka (1938), D. Rasmussen (1938), U. Goodman (1938), J. P. Dyck (1938), W. J. Madder (?), and Henry T. Thiessen.
Photos & Coordinates
“The local round,” Dauphin Herald, 20 October 1938, page 9.
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
“Winnipegosis, Man,” Western Canada Fire Underwriters’ Association map, 26 July 1919, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 July 2019
Back to top of page