Historic Sites of Manitoba: Walter Woods Warehouse (10 Robinson Street, Winnipeg)
This four-storey brick and stone warehouse at the northwest corner of Sutherland Avenue and Robinson Street in Winnipeg was designed by local architect James Chisholm and built in 1907 for the Walter Woods Hardware Company for the distribution of wholesale hardware supplies. Measuring 75 feet by 100 feet, the building was built at a cost of about $40,000.
The company operated in this building until the mid-1940s when it relocated to the former International Harvester Building.
“Tenders,” Manitoba Free Press, 19 April 1907, page 24.
“New warehouse for Walter Woods,” Manitoba Free Press, 18 May 1907, page 27.
“Building operations,” Winnipeg Tribune, 8 April 1907, page 7.
Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada, 1800-1950 by Robert G. Hill, Toronto.
This page was prepared by Jordan Makichuk.
Page revised: 23 September 2022