Historic Sites of Manitoba: Stockton School No. 354 (Stockton, Municipality of Glenboro-South Cypress)
A plaque and monument commemorates Stockton School No. 354, established on 11 November 1884 in Township 6, Range 15. In June 1914, it merged into Stockton Consolidated School No. 1748 and, in October 1917, a new Stockton Consolidated School was opened by the Minister of Education, Dr. R. S. Thornton. The school was destroyed by fire in February 1941 and a new one was built and opened later that year. In 1951, the high school section was moved to Glenboro. On 1 January 1968, the elementary part was closed and the building was moved to Glenboro. The plaque was donated by Henry Irvine Graham who attended Stockton School from 1914 to 1919.
Photos & Maps
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 April 2019
Back to top of page