MHS Centennial Business: Glenboro Gazette / Baldur Gazette / Baldur-Glenboro Gazette
The first issue of The Glenboro Gazette was published on 25 August 1892. In 1923, the name changed to Western Prairie Gazette but returned to the original name in 1949. It was designated as an MHS Centennial Business. First published on 30 June 1898, The Baldur Gazette (later the Baldur Gazette-News) newspaper has been designated as an MHS Centennial Business. In November 2003, the two papers merged to form The Baldur-Glenboro Gazette.
Publishers (Glenboro Gazette)
Publishers (Baldur Gazette)
“Rural paper changes hands,” Winnipeg Tribune, 1 April 1924, page 5.
“Birthdays,” Winnipeg Free Press, 6 May 1966, page 9.
The Story of Manitoba’s Weekly Newspapers by Major A. M. Pratt, The Manitoba Weekly Newspapers Association, 1970.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 13 January 2018Back to top of page