Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. John the Baptist Anglican Church (252 Hamilton Street, Manitou, Municipality of Pembina)
This Anglican church in Manitou in the Municipality of Pembina was designed by Winnipeg architect Walter Chesterton and built by master carpenter Joshua H. Bradley (1864-1957) in 1903. A plaque inside commemorates one of its early clerics, William J. Rowe. The building is a municipally designated historic site.
Photos & Maps
“Dedication of chimes at St. John’s Anglican,” Manitou Western Canadian, 7 May 1959, page 1.
Burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada, 1800-1950 by Robert G. Hill, Toronto.
We thank Bette Mueller and George Bradley for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 31 March 2018
Back to top of page