This building was designed in 1899 for the McClary Manufacturing Company by local architect S. Frank Peters. It is a municipally-designated historic site.
McClary Building (April 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
McClary Building (February 2020)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.89794, W97.13801
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
McClary Building (185-7 Bannatyne Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, July 1987.
We thank George Penner for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 8 January 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!