This two-storey structure in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was designed by local architect Cyril W. U. Chivers and built in 1909 for grain broker John Geddes.
Memorable Manitobans: Cyril William Upton Chivers (1879-1969)
Memorable Manitobans: Alexander Calder (1842-1936)
Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson
Armstrong’s Point Heritage Conservation District Study, HTFC Planning + Design, May 2016, page 143.
Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 October 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.