Historic Sites of Manitoba: Cameron Brothers Radio Store / Neal’s Grocery No. 11 / Ogniwo Polish Museum Society (1417 Main Street, Winnipeg)

This one-storey brick building on Main Street in Winnipeg, measuring 26 feet by 98 feet, was constructed in 1929 for the Cameron Brothers Radio Store. In 1933, the building was taken over by the Neals Grocery chain and it operated until closing in 1941.

Ogniwo Polish Museum

Ogniwo Polish Museum Society (April 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.92565, W97.12487
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Manitoba Business: Neal Brothers / Neals Stores

Ogniwo Polish Museum Society


Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Henderson Directories Limited, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.

1417 Main Street - Ogniwo Polish Museum by Christian Cassidy, Winnipeg Places, 29 March 2015.

This page was prepared by Jordan Makichuk and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 12 August 2023

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.

Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!