A wooden grain elevator at Lavinia, on the CNR Rapid City Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Hamiota, was built in 1918 for United Grain Growers. Closed in 1958, it was traded to Manitoba Pool Elevators in August 1962, becoming its Pool B. The elevator was closed in 1972 and later demolished.
Aerial view of grain elevators at Lavinia, with the UGG elevator at left (1956)
Source: Manitoba Air Photo Library, A15528-100
Site Location (lat/long): N50.27574, W100.66328
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Western Canada Grain Elevator / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator A (Lavinia, Municipality of Hamiota)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lavinia Monument (Lavinia, Municipality of Hamiota)
Page revised: 23 February 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!