A wooden grain elevator in the village of Decker, on the CNR Rapid City Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Hamiota, was built around 1912 by the N. Bawlf Grain Company. Sold to the Alberta Pacific Grain Company in early 1941, it was re-sold to Manitoba Pool in 1943. Designated Pool B, it was operated by the same agent as the adjacent Pool A elevator. When the railway line was abandoned in 1978, both elevators closed in December 1978 and were demolished in February 1983.
Aerial view of the Manitoba Pool grain elevators at Decker, with the A elevator in the foreground and B elevator in the background (no date)
Source: Blaine Little
The Pool B elevator at left and Pool A elevator at right in Decker (no date)
Source: Joel Bouchard
Site Location (lat/long): N50.27071, W100.78158
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: United Grain Growers Grain Elevator / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator A (Decker, Municipality of Hamiota)
A15528-100, Manitoba Air Photo Library.
We thank Blaine Little and Joel Bouchard for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 16 January 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.