Five of the floors in this brick and stone building on St. Mary Avenue in Winnipeg were designed by architect William Dangerfield Lount and constructed in 1942 by his father Frank Reade Lount. The other six floors were added in 1959. The building has housed the Winnipeg Clinic medical practice since its beginning. It is a municipally-designated historic building.
Memorable Manitobans: William Dangerfield “Bill” Lount (1914-1997)
Memorable Manitobans: Frank Reade Lount (1890-1976)
Manitoba Business: Winnipeg Clinic
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
425 St. Mary Avenue, City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, 2004.
We thank George Penner and Darryl Resch for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 June 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.