This site along the Red River in Winnipeg was occupied by the Winnipeg Canoe Club from 1913 to 2006. It has been replaced by a residential complex for seniors.
Manitoba Organization: Winnipeg Canoe Club
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Abandoned Manitoba
Canoe Club fire (31 March 1954), Winnipeg Tribune Photo Collection, University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections.
We thank Michael Paddon, Sheila Paddon, and Darryl Resch for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 May 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.