This three-storey brick building at the corner of Portage Avenue and Maryland Street in Winnipeg was designed by local architect John Danley Atchison and built in 1916 for the Willys-Overland Company. In the 1960s, it was used as the Leonard and McLaughlin American Motors automobile dealership.
Willys-Overland Building (no date)
Source: Kerrin Asmundson
Willys-Overland Building (April 2018)
Source: George Penner
Willys-Overland Building (May 2022)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.88771, W97.16079
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: John Danley Atchison (1870-1959)
Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.
This page was prepared by Kerrin Asmundson, George Penner, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 June 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.