Link to:
Occupants | Photos & Maps | Sources
This two-storey wood frame house in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was built in 1929 by contractor William P. Wallace for dentist Charles Heavysege Walsh.
Period
Occupant/Owner
1929-1950
Charles Heavysege Walsh (1866-1950)
1950-1951
Ann Jane “Jean” Berryhill (1887-1979)
1951-1960
Alexander K. Mackenzie and Ella Mackenzie
1960-1969
Alfred B. Smith and Mariette Smith
1969-2007
Dr. Henry T. Dirks (c1930-2006) and Elizabeth “Betty” Dirks
Walsh House (January 2018)
Source: George PennerSite Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87773, W97.15923
denoted by symbol on the map above
See also:
Memorable Manitobans: Charles Heavysege Walsh (1866-1950)
Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson
Obituary [Anne Jane Berryhill], Winnipeg Free Press, 22 October 1979, page 58.
Armstrong's Point: A History by Randy R. Rostecki, Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg Corporation, 2009.
Obituary [Henry T. Dirks], Winnipeg Free Press, 13 April 2006.
Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Henderson Directories Limited, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 August 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | OtherInclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.Help us keep history alive!