Historic Sites of Manitoba: Chalmers Presbyterian Church / Treherne United Church (186 Boyne Street, Treherne, Municipality of Norfolk Treherne)
The first Presbyterian service was held in Treherne in the early 1880s, in the home of W. T. Smith. A modest wooden church built in 1887 was replaced in 1908 with this building, designed by Winnipeg architect J. H. G. Russell, called Chalmers Presbyterian. In 1925, when the Methodist, Presbyterian, and Congregational churches merged, it became Treherne United. In 1958, the congregation of Olive United Church joined the church. The building is now a municipally designated historic site.
Photos & Coordinates
Treherne United Church, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
We thank Rose Kuzina for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 December 2019
Back to top of page