Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Patrick’s and St. Jude’s Anglican Church (612 Valour Road, Winnipeg)

This former Anglican church on Valour Road in Winnipeg was designed by local architect Edgar Prain and built in 1926. Its design resembles Prain’s work at St. John’s Presbyterian Church. Stained glass windows were created by artist Leo Mol. In 2011, it was converted into a private residence.

The former St. Patrick’s and St. Jude’s Anglican Church

The former St. Patrick’s and St. Jude’s Anglican Church (November 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.88420, W97.18921
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Edgar Prain (1881-1958)

Memorable Manitobans: Leo Mol (1915-2009)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. John’s Presbyterian Church (251 Bannerman Avenue, Winnipeg)

Sources:

St. Patrick’s and St. Jude’s Anglican Church, Winnipeg Architecture Foundation.

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 9 November 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | Questions | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.