Historic Sites of Manitoba: Stanley Knowles School (2424 King Edward Street, Winnipeg)
Named for politician Stanley Howard Knowles, construction of the two-storey Winnipeg School Division facility began in 1987. The school opened on 25 October 1988 and was later expanded via relocatable classrooms, some of which were affected by a fire on 1 September 2010 that resulted in $750,000 in damages.
Among the teachers of Stanley Knowles School was Maxine Geller.
Photos & Coordinates
“Stanley Knowles School expands,” Winnipeg Free Press Weekly North Edition, 5 February 1989, page 4.
“Stanley Knowles School bursting at seams,” Winnipeg Free Press Weekly North Edition, 19 November 1989, page 9.
“Portable-classroom fire won't stop school,” Winnipeg Free Press, 2 September 2010, page A6.
Stanley Knowles School History, Winnipeg School Division.
Winnipeg School Division: Celebrating One Hundred Fifty Years, 1871-2021 by Winnipeg School Division, 2021.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.
Page revised: 6 July 2022