Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Aidan’s Anglican Church (274 Campbell Street, Winnipeg)

This Anglican church in Winnipeg was built between 1929 and 1930.

Among the clerics who served at St. Aidan’s Anglican Church were Robert William “Bob” English and John Ogle Anderson.

St. Aidan’s Anglican Church

St. Aidan’s Anglican Church (December 2017)
Source: George Penner

Interior of St. Aidan’s Anglican Church

Interior of St. Aidan’s Anglican Church (December 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87073, W97.19010
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

“First sod will be turned for church Tuesday,” Winnipeg Tribune, 14 October 1929, page 3.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 10 December 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.