Link to:
Occupants | Photos & Maps | Sources
This two-storey structure in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was designed by architect Arthur A. Stoughton and constructed in 1920 for Robert T. Riley.
Period
Occupant/Owner
1920-1944
Robert Thomas Riley (1851-1944)
1944-1948
Conrad Stephenson Riley (1875-1960)
1948-1959
Gertrude Maude Riley (c1891-1977)
1959-1960
James L. Crawford
1960-1962
Frederick William Stuart “Fred” May (1903-1974)
William May
Riley House (April 2017)
Source: George PennerSite Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87451, W97.15474
denoted by symbol on the map above
See also:
Memorable Manitobans: Robert Thomas Riley (1851-1944)
Memorable Manitobans: Conrad Stephenson Riley (1875-1960)
Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Riley House (90 East Gate, Winnipeg)
Armstrong's Point: A History by Randy R. Rostecki, Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg Corporation, 2009.
Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Henderson Directories Limited, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.
Obituary [Gertrude Maude Riley], Winnipeg Free Press, 16 February 1977, page 65.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 27 December 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | OtherInclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.Help us keep history alive!