Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Pollock Island (Winnipeg)

The sixteen-acre Pollock property was donated to the City of Winnipeg by entrepreneur Iris Pollock in memory of her husband Edward Pollock and his mother Tina Pollock, who had originally purchased the land from the Parish of St. Norbert in 1945. The park forms an island when the nearby La Salle and Red rivers flood in spring.

Pollock Island entrance

Pollock Island entrance (May 2019)
Source: Rose Kuzina

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.76038, W97.14265
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Edward Rudolfe Pollock (1925-1998)

Sources:

This page was prepared by Rose Kuzina and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 20 May 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.