Historic Sites of Manitoba: North Felsendorf School No. 1096 (RM of Armstrong)
The North Felsendorf School was built around 1901 as part of the Felsendorf School District. A second school, named South Felsendorf, was built southeast of this site. The schools were closed in 1957 due to low enrollment and the remaining students went to Park School at Meleb. In April 1967, the district was formally merged into Evergreen School Division No. 22. The schoolhouse was sold and moved to a yard at SE22-19-3E where it was renovated into a garage.
Among the teachers of North Felsendorf School was William P. Solypa.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Heritage Building Inventory, Rural Municipality of Gimli, page 46.
We thank Tyyne Petrowski for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 May 2019
Back to top of page