This three-storey brick and stone block on Balmoral Street in Winnipeg, measuring 50 feet by 95 feet, was designed by local architect William Fingland and constructed in 1913 by the Frid-Lewis Company at a cost of about $34,000. The building contained 14 apartments in its original configuration. It contains 15 apartments today.
Memorable Manitobans: William Fingland (1862-1946)
Manitoba Business: Frid-Lewis Company
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 3757/1913, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Find a Postal Code, Canada Post.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer, George Penner, Jordan Makichuk, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 May 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.