This five-storey brick and stone warehouse on Ross Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by local architect James H. Cadham and built in 1905 by John A. Girvin and W. J. Hodgins for the Leadlay Manufacturing Company. In September 2019, it became a municipally-designated historic building.
Memorable Manitobans: James Henry Cadham (1850-1907)
Memorable Manitobans: John Alexander Girvin (1851-1931)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Leadlay Building (306 Ross Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings and Resources Committee, May 2019.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Nathan Kramer.
Page revised: 13 April 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.