A Red River Frame building that once stood at 2112 Henderson Highway in Winnipeg was built around 1854 and occupied by Samuel R. Henderson and his descendants until 1919, and by other residents until 1976. It was saved from demolition by the Manitoba government and moved to the St. Norbert Provincial Heritage Park in 1979.
Memorable Manitobans: Samuel Robert Henderson (c1790-1864)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Norbert Provincial Heritage Park (Turnbull Drive, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Red River Frame Buildings
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Abandoned Manitoba
This page was prepared by Jim Smith and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 February 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.