Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Halpenny House (6 East Gate, Winnipeg)

Link to:
Occupants | Photos & Maps | Sources

This two-storey stone veneer house in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was designed by local architect James Morton Lethbridge and built in 1913 for physician Jasper Halpenny.

Occupants

Period

Occupant

1913-1925

Jasper Halpenny (1869-1930)

1925-1935

Arthur Rivers Boivin (1878-1951)

1935-1952

?

1952-1968

May Ethel Johnson

Photos & Coordinates

Halpenny House

Halpenny House (April 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87862, W97.15694
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: James Morton Lethbridge (1877-1943)

Memorable Manitobans: Jasper Halpenny (1869-1930)

Memorable Manitobans: Arthur Rivers Boivin (1878-1951)

Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson

Sources:

Armstrong's Point: A History by Randy R. Rostecki, Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg Corporation, 2009.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 5 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.