A brick warehouse on Stanley Street in Winnipeg was designed by local architect James H. Cadham and constructed in 1906 for the firm of Grose and Walker. Initially two storeys, the building was expanded to its present six storeys in 1911.
Grose and Walker Warehouse (no date)
Source: Kerrin Asmundson
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.90334, W97.13997
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: James Henry Cadham (1850-1907)
Memorable Manitobans: Philip Walker (1881-1937)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dingle and Stewart Warehouse (263 Stanley Street, Winnipeg)
“Additions being made to wholesale buildings,” Winnipeg Tribune, 17 March 1911, page 8.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Kerrin Asmundson.
Page revised: 22 February 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.