This monument, located in the centre greenspace of the Asper Jewish Community Campus on Tuxedo Avenue, recalls the use of the complex as the headquarters for the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry from 1920 to 1939.
Fort Osborne Barracks Monument (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87177, W97.20952
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Agricultural College (Tuxedo Avenue, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Fort Osborne Barracks / Kapyong Barracks (Kenaston Boulevard, Winnipeg)
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 6 March 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.