This three-storey brick building on the Fort Garry Campus of the University of Manitoba was designed by local architects Samuel Hooper and Victor Horwood, and built in 1912 as part of the Manitoba Agricultural College. It originally housed the Department of Agricultural Engineering, and was built with brick and limestone for fireproofing measures.
Memorable Manitobans: Samuel Hooper (1851-1911)
Memorable Manitobans: Victor William Horwood (1878-1939)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Agricultural College / University of Manitoba (Fort Garry Campus, Winnipeg)
We thank Rose Kuzina for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 21 June 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.