Historic Sites of Manitoba: East Kildonan Municipal Office (414 Winterton Avenue, Winnipeg)
Built in 1902 and originally located on Henderson Highway, this building served until the 1920s as the home for municipal office Albert R. Bredin. When the Rural Municipality of East Kildonan was incorporated, it was purchased and used from 1940 to 1951 as municipal office space. The building was moved to its present location in 1951 and renovated back into a private residence.
The former East Kildonan Municipal Office, now a private residence (2011)
Source: Jim Smith
The Reeve and council for the RM of East Kildonan (1949)
Source: Jim Smith
The former municipal office being moved (1951)
Source: East Kildonan Weekly Herald.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.91802, W97.10172
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Albert Ryerson Bredin (1868-1956)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: East Kildonan School / East Kildonan Municipal Hall (1110 Henderson Highway, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: East Kildonan Municipal Building / East Kildonan City Hall / East Kildonan - Transcona Community Office (755 Henderson Highway, Winnipeg)
“Old municipal hall becomes dwelling,” East Kildonan Weekly Herald, 1951.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Jim Smith and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 December 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.