Historic Sites of Manitoba: De Laval Warehouse / Ingaldson Building (128 James Avenue, Winnipeg)
This Winnipeg building was built in 1912 by the Carter-Halls-Aldinger construction company. Its first occupant was the De Laval Dairy Supply Company Limited, granted extra-provincial incorporation on 5 March 1913. De Laval, which produced an array of milk and cream apparatus and supplies, was managed locally by Fred J. Wood. The building was acquired by Fred Ingaldson in the late 1970s, who renamed it after himself and was the primary occupant into the 1990s. The structure has since been renovated into condominiums.
Companies Office corporation documents (CCA 0059), 125D - De Laval Dairy Supply Company Limited, Archives of Manitoba.
“Licenses for companies,” Manitoba Free Press, 15 March 1913, page 44.
“Notice,” Manitoba Free Press, 7 March 1913, page 2.
“De Laval Dairy Supply Company Limited,” Manitoba Free Press, 20 November 1916, page 7.
120-128 James Avenue (DeLaval Warehouse / Fred Ingaldson Building), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings and Resources Committee, August 2014.
Page revised: 11 January 2020
Back to top of page