Historic Sites of Manitoba: First Church of Christ Scientist (511 River Avenue, Winnipeg)
Designed by local architects Lewis H. Jordan and Walter P. Over, and built in 1910 for the First Church of Christ Scientist, this brick building on River Avenue in Winnipeg was sold in 2011 to the Stonebridge Development Group. It was subsequently renovated into residential apartments. In 2014, the project was given a Preservation Award by Heritage Winnipeg.
Memorable Manitobans: Walter Percy Over (1874-1944)
First Church of Christ, Scientist, 511 River Avenue, City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, May 2006.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 14 March 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.